Emergency First Aid & CPR C/AED
The Emergency First Aid course (including CPR C) is a Canadian Red Cross course that includes a 3-year certification for all successful candidates. Candidates of all first aid experiences or backgrounds are welcome to attend.
Candidates will learn how to deal with the following emergencies:
- Care of a Conscious or Unconscious patient
- CPR for Adult, Child and Infant
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Choking for Adult, Child and Infant
- Circulatory Emergencies (including Chest Pain, Stroke and Deadly Bleeding)
- Breathing Emergencies (including Hyperventilation, Asthma and Severe Allergies)
- Basic Wound Care
Emergency First Aid (as of September 1, 2018) is also an equivalent award to OFA 1 and is recognized by WorkSafe BC to be used in the workplace.
Prerequisites: 14 years old