STANDARD FIRST AID & CPR C
The Standard First Aid course (including CPR C) is a Canadian Red Cross certification that includes a 3-year certification before recertification is required. Candidates with all first aid experiences or backgrounds are encouraged to attend.
Candidates will learn how to deal with the following emergencies:
- Care of a conscious or unconscious patient
- CPR for adults, children and infants
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Choking for adults, children and infants
- Circulatory emergencies (including chest pain, stroke and deadly bleeding)
- Breathing emergencies
- Basic wound care
- Head and spinal injuries
- Bone and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies (including fainting, diabetes and seizures)
- Heat and cold emergencies
Standard First Aid is an equivalent award to OFA 1, and the most comprehensive workplace course recognized by WorkSafe BC.
? ?? be required to purchase a pocket mask ??
Prerequisites: 14 years old