EMERGENCY FIRST AID TRAINING
The Emergency First Aid course (including CPR C) is a Canadian Red Cross course that includes a 3-year certification before recertification is required. Candidates of all first aid experiences or backgrounds are welcome to attend.
Candidates will learn how to deal with the following emergencies:
- Care of a conscious or unconscious patient
- CPR certificate for adults, children and infants
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Choking for adults, children and infants
- Circulatory emergencies (including chest pain, stroke and deadly bleeding)
- Breathing emergencies (including hyperventilation, asthma and severe allergies)
- Basic wound care
Emergency First Aid (as of September 1, 2018) is also an equivalent award to OFA 1 and is recognized by WorkSafe BC for use in the workplace.
For information about COVID19 protocols, facility openings and award expiry extensions, please visit our Facebook post: https://bi
Prerequisites: 14 years old